Winterlicious

For my first Winterlicious (and most likely my last one for the year), Sasha took me and Fumika to Momofuku Noodle Bar located in University Avenue and Queen Street. It’s a sister-restaurant to the restaurant of the same name in New York City, which is the original one.

Spotted Spiderman on the subway on my way to Fumika's dorm.

Finally! I'm starving.

My loves.

One of these do not belong.

Fumika and Sasha ordered the Seven Spice Sour Slushie, while I decided to stick to water. The slushie had alcohol in it, and it was way stronger than both of them expected. Sasha actually got hot.

Fumika's appetizer: Chicken Bun.

For my appetizer, I got the ESQU Salmon Sashimi.

Ginger Scallion Noodles (shiitake, cucumber, cabbage)

Dan Dan Mein (spicy pork, dry scallop, peanut)

Winter Ramen (char sui chicken, kabocha, scallop oil, chili, egg)

Glad that we were able to set up a date for Winterlicious because we were long overdue for some catching up!

For dessert, we got the Chocolate Pudding and Compost Cookie! I just love it when restaurants use mason jars to serve drinks or desserts.
 
According to Sasha, the Compost Cookie comes from Milk Bar — a bakery bar located on the second floor of Momofuku.

Inside the said bar.


After dinner, we decided to go to Eaton Centre to kill time.

Canada's in the Olympic spirit. I'm still rooting for Japan though.

Stopped by The Face Shop because these two wanted to buy stuff for their faces. Girls are so high-maintenance.

Fumika being... well, Fumika. GO JAPAN GO!



That concludes my first ever Winterlicious post. Hopefully I'll get to experience Summerlicious this year as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment