Sunburnt Playlist


Shirosaki Beach, Chiba

Summer; it's a tale of shorter nights, sunburnt backs, and spontaneous adventures. It's when I live for the feeling of sand between my toes and the warm midnight walks. A two-day summer getaway to the beach with the same people I went on a road trip with last summer was just the cherry on top to my summer vacation here in Tokyo. Unlike last year, I didn't take any photos with my DSLRit weighs like an infant. This time I was determined to simply relax, enjoy the blazing heat, and take in everything that's around me. I regret nothing. It was about time that my polaroid camera was exposed to the sun anyway.

It always excites me when summer rolls around. Your friends all of a sudden become really interesting and the things you want to do turn into an endless list. Nothing but good vibes and good company.

I have this hobby of making soundtracks for particular events that leave a significant imprint on my life. For the times I cry, the moments that leave me smiling, or the incidents that make me laugh until I can't breath. Listening back to these songs brings me back to a place with feelings I've experienced or people I've met.

All I needed was a medicine, and you came knocking like a doctor.
Allie X - Catch

Some answers are better left unspoken when you know you ain't getting any younger.
Seinabo Sey - Younger (Kygo Remix)

Am I wrong for thinking out the box from where I stay?
Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong

Watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side.

Wind me up tight; convertible nights with you.

I've given you everything. I sailed the sea.

We keep this love in a photograph. We make these memories for ourselves.
Ed Sheeran - Photograph

My back currently aches from the sunburn I got at the beach. Perhaps I should've applied sunscreen or covered up a little more. But who can possibly resist the sun's embrace and the fresh air on your skin? These tan lines are only temporary, but the memories made are here to stay. They make the best stories to tell for the next seasons to come anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment