Distillery District

What do you do when The Art Directors Club holds an event with people from advertising agencies such as Sid Lee, Leo Burnett, and Juniper Park coming in to speak to the students? You miss your class for that day, of course! #priorities

The event took place in this beautiful area in Toronto called the Distillery District. Sasha knew beforehand that I would love this place, and she was absolutely right. It is easily my favourite place in Toronto now. It is home to many boutiques, unique artisans, patios, art galleries, and so much more. The restored red brick, Victorian-era buildings of the renowned Gooderham & Worts whiskey distillery personally made me feel like I wasn't in Canada anymore. If anything, I felt like I was somewhere in Europe. No wonder tons of couples get their engagement photos taken here!

The Distillery District

See what I mean?

First time seeing love locks in person! I only wish that one day I can lock mine in Pont des Arts in Paris.

Both Sasha and I were starving after the event so she took me to El Catrin Destileria, a Mexican restaurant.

They had such a beautifully designed patio.

I was grateful for this fire because I was freezing. Toronto's weather is starting to be bipolar again.

Candid photos while we wait for our food.

Tortilla chips as appetizers.

Finally! I got the Lechón tacos (corn tortilla, confit of pork, purple onion, guacamole) and the soup of the day. Now I'm not a big fan of Mexican food myself, but this one is different. #foodgasm

So hipster-y.

One of the cutest cafés I've ever seen.

Goofing around like we always do. The new "Man Follows Girlfriend Around the World" couple, perhaps?

This reminded me so much of my Tokyo tour with Kayo from a few months back, only because it looks so much like the Maman sculpture that stands tall in Roppongi Hills.

And of course, this post is not complete without #OOTD shots!

Wearing my jacquard blazer from Zara.

The Distillery District is one of the places I know I will be visiting again and again for sure. It's such a particularly remarkable place; nothing like I've seen before. I wasn't aware until Sasha told me that the Christmas Market that takes place annually is held here. I didn't get the opportunity to visit last year either. Fingers crossed for this coming holiday season!

0 comments:

Post a Comment