Smoke + Ash

Last week, when I was asked by a good friend of mine, Taycia, if I could take photos of a fashion blogger that was going to come to her store to pick pieces, I couldn't possibly say no. I jumped at the opportunity with no second thoughts–regardless of the fact that I was in the midst of crumbling under stress from final projects and presentations. I was very thrilled to be taking photos again. You know what they say: treat yo'self before you wreck yo'self!

Quoting from Smoke + Ash's website:
"Smoke + Ash caters to women who appreciate a unique and engaging lifestyle shopping experience. We focus on contemporary style, offering standout pieces that are on-trend but still unique and easy to wear. Our meticulously curated assortment of skincare, home and lifestyle products perfectly compliment our collection of clothing, footwear and accessories, providing delight and value to our customer's everyday lives."

If you reside in Toronto, this store is definitely a must-visit. The style of the clothes they sell is so up my alley that I was *this close* to buying a sweater that was made for women–not that I haven't done that before. If only they sold mens' clothing too...


The fashion blogger that came to the store was Chantelle Silva! (@bigchantelle on Instagram)


Here you can see her choosing pieces and assembling outfits for the lookbook.


Outfit #1: Chantelle paired this grey dress with white skinny pants from Cheap Monday. She finished the look with a simple gold necklace.


Her silver hair really made me want to bleach the shit out of my hair again.


Upon overhearing the store owner, Jaya and Chantelle talk about how more girls should wear pants underneath dresses, I couldn't agree more. Especially in a country like Canada where the winters are so brutal.


Outfit #2: Chantelle sported this printed button-up dress with a pair of black sandals.


You can tell that Chantelle's style is really all about simplicity, comfort, and minimalism. Less is more.


The very lovely store owner, Jaya!


And my extremely cool and spicy friend, Taycia!

Shoutout to Taycia for asking me to do this! I really enjoyed taking photos of the store and Chantelle, and I am so flattered that you even considered me to do the job. Thanks again!

Visit them at:
Smoke + Ash
644 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M6J 1E4
(647) 770-0443
http://smoke-ash.myshopify.com/

Check out Chantelle's website at:
http://www.crndpty.com/

1 comments: